Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Problem with Being a Sometimes Runner

Post Run Selfie
Well, the problem with being a Sometimes Runner is that sometimes you don't run.  And when you decide to start running again, you have to start over.  So that's what I did today: I started over.

Boy, isn't that fun.

A confluence of events precipitated my restart: 45 is looming, a friend passed away, and I had a chance encounter with an Ironman (IronWoman?).  

I am working on plans for a 5K in October and have downloaded the Couch to 5K app. Today? That app was awesome.  I loved how it used my music, coached throughout the run, and told me "Good Job" at the end.  I may opt for the Runicorn as my coach next time. No downside to the app today.

Looking back over this blog, I noticed that I was less likely to have a post-run migraine when I am not eating carbs and sugar. So, I have stopped.  Fingers crossed that this is part of the solution.


Random thoughts about today's run:

  • When I run, I want to write.
  • The Santa Fe Trail was awash with my personal nemesis: Grasshoppers.
  • Starting out with "Back in Black" and ending with "Hell's Bells" worked just fine for me.
  • Turns out Simon & Garfunkel's "Feelin' Groovy" is just fine for my slow ass.
  • Sunscreen.
  • I like being a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment