Monday, November 20, 2017

I Love Hot Yoga--Really

All evidence to the contrary, I love hot yoga. My first foray was in Monterey. After my first class, I almost passed out.  Fun times.  But I went back. I enjoyed the repetition of the poses and the visible progress. I sweated it out and became more bendy and stretchy. Not a whole lot more, but enough that I could actually do all 26 of the asanas and touch my toes. (That was actually a big deal). When we left Monterey for points East, I never got back into it.

Fast forward eleven years:  I am not bendy or stretchy.  Everything hurts. The docs and the PT peeps say arthritis, blah, blah, meniscus, blah, blah, you need to bend and stretch EVERYTHING. Blah.
I bought this yoga bag in Monterey.  Now it is
filled with a new mat, a soaking wet towel, and
my empty water bottle.  The towel on top is
necessary and full of snot and sweat.

So I am back. Luckily, there is a wonderful studio right here in Coronado.  And they have a military discount. 


Last time it was a fun class that pushed me forward and made me feel good. This time it's more like a last ditch effort to move without pain.  Sounds fun, right?

I cannot do all 26 poses. Yet. 

I cannot touch my toes. Yet.

I don't feel good. Yet.

The upside to all of this, is I know I will see progress. I know I will get to all of those poses.  I will improve. I will touch my toes.  

Just not yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment