Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dedication?

My will to run has waned lately.  I finished my half marathon.  I ran a PR.  And then...not much.  I have run a handful of times since then.  Short runs; just enough to remind myself that I am a runner.  
One of those runs was over this bridge.  Signing up for that race in advance, made sure I kept running.  It would have been very easy to stay in my cozy bed and sweats on Veteran's Day, but I didn't.  I got up with my husband and two of three children and lined up on the Jamestown side of the bridge. 

We couldn't have asked for better weather.  It was a beautiful morning to be a runner.  I met up with a friend I hadn't seen in six months.  We ran (not run-walk) most of the way together.  When my son needed to walk, she went on ahead for a great finish.  I walked with my son.  We had a great finish, even though the little stinker sprinted at the end and left me behind.


The post-race breakfast with the Princess gang at The Hungry Monkey was pretty great too.  Thanks, ladies!



Run. Food.  Run. Food.  Food.  Food. Food. Food.

Yeah.  It's time to get back to the run part of the equation.  I know myself.  I won't run until after Thanksgiving.  And that may get pushed back until December 1st.  

My daughter is dancing in the Nutcracker at Rosecliff.  She has a show everyday.  I am working in the show everyday.  The last performance is November 30th.  With the late show, the cast party, and striking the set, it will be a late night.  

So really, December 2nd.  I have a scheduled  5 mile run with my running partner on December 2nd.  

Now I have to go for a run:  on December 2nd.    

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I have missed reading about your running adventures! I will be looking for another post on December 2. February will be here before we know it!!

    ReplyDelete