Monday, April 8, 2013

Hardest. Run. Ever.

I ran the Jamestown Bridge 10K yesterday morning.  I ran it even though I really didn't want to, but I don't regret it.  What looked like a miserably cold morning for a run turned out to be almost perfect (just a little windy on the top of the bridge).  It got me out and running.  I ran with a friend.  My family was there to cheer me along the course, and my mom made me Eggs Benedict when I got home.

Today was a different story.  Today I hobbled around Newport.  Stairs and chairs were my enemies.  Sitting, standing, walking--none were without pain.  That's what I get for taking so much time off.  

Taking all of that into consideration, I didn't want to run today's mile.  But even more than that, I really, really didn't want to run three miles tomorrow.  So, as my family was heating up various leftovers from multiple forays to area restaurants during Newport's Restaurant Week, I mapped out a mile loop, laced up my tennis shoes, and hobbled outside.  As I walked (I use the term loosely) to the starting point I questioned my sanity.  As I started running, I knew I was crazy.  

A mile later, I was finished.  And that's about all I can say for that run.  Except that when Brian questions my choice of attire and says it is too warm out to wear pants, no only should I wear pants, but I should also wear gloves.
Elizabeth Westman and I crossing the finish line.
My hat's on backwards because, yes, it was that windy!

3 comments:

  1. But, you did it!! It took me all day to do mine, but now it's done. And you "only" have to do 1 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cautionary tale. Don't stop running :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you! And I never listen to Ryan's suggestions for running attire either. :)

    ReplyDelete