Friday, July 26, 2013

No Guilt Workout

I did it!  Another week of 6 AM classes...and no migraine!

The Turret at the base gym.  I strategically pick my bike to
avoid the morning sun.  I would look more ridiculous wearing
sunglasses inside.


MONDAY: Spin. Joan, the instructor, likes "hills". Took it a "little bit" easy because of Friday's migraine.  

TUESDAY:  X Factor with Pat.  Pat killed me.  I knew when I was doing some of the exercises that I was rediscovering unused muscles and that I would be hurting.  Surprise! I was right.

WEDNESDAY:  Even though I was quite hobbled with hamstring pain.  I got up and went to class.  I thought the use and stretch would be good for me.  It probably was, but it didn't alleviate the discomfort.  On the upside, it only hurt when I moved, or when I was standing.  My plan had been to sit on the couch all day.  This plan was foiled when I was called in to substitute at the local library.  So I spent 5 hours standing, and bending, and walking; basically all of the things that hurt.

THURSDAY:  This morning I was absurdly grateful that my youngest daughter had to have three of her teeth pulled at 7:30 in the morning.  I just couldn't do X factor at the gym and get her to her appointment.  By late afternoon, even with the hamstring pain migrating down my leg so it was concentrated closer to my knee, I could almost walk normally.

FRIDAY:  Oy! Getting up this morning was no problem.  I was up 20 minutes before my alarm.  As for the actual getting going--that took a bit longer.  BUT, I did it.  Spin class again with Joan.  Tight, tight hammys.  Again, I thought the class would help get those muscle moving and it did.  The good news: the spin was only going to include two (2) hills.  Yay!  The bad news:  the first hill was 18 minutes of climbing.  The second hill was only slightly shorter.  I met my goal today by just showing up.  If I was pedaling more slowly than usual, well, that's okay.

I came home to a nice shower, scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast, and my super comfy yoga pants.  I have no guilt.

How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. Wow-you had a great week! I only ran once (today). A 3 miler. Tomorrow is my long run. I talked myself out of my usual Wednesday morning run.

    ReplyDelete