Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015 Inaugural Ride

All evidence to the contrary, I enjoy working out.  I like the physical effects of the exercise.  I feel energized.  I feel like I have accomplished something.  I enjoy the camaraderie that you find at the gym and on the running trail. 

So why do I have such a love-hate relationship with exercise?  Because before, during, and after a workout I have one thought going through my mind:  Will I get a migraine?

I am currently trying to combat this by changing my diet.  Other than that I have two options.  I either workout or I don't.  I don't like the second option, so I am tentatively pushing forward.  

I have had good luck in the past not getting migraines after a cycling class.  So my first day back to exercise, I opted for an indoor cycling class.

It turns out my local YMCA replaced their bikes when they remodeled the facility.  Yep.  The Real Ryder moves side to side as you ride.  It's supposed to work your core more.  I can see the benefit of the realism. Today, it just made me feel off kilter. 

Today's ride was an hour long work out.  My goals were to stay on the bike for the entire class and to (fingers crossed) not get a migraine.  I wasn't going all out during the ride, but I stayed on the bike. As for the second part, so far, so good.

Day Two of no carb/no sugar is going well.  Egg salad lettuce wraps for lunch. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment