Friday, January 30, 2015

What's Next?

Today's Morning Fuel.  I got bumped up from #2 on the cycle class wait list.  This required me to fuel up and get out of my pajamas and to the gym.  A morning gym class really called for a healthy green smoothie and a spoonful of peanut butter.  The coffee had been flowing all morning and the banana was for my post ride snack.

Now that I had all my fuel bases covered, I was ready to go -- once I found a lid to match the water bottle that would fit in the bike cup holder.

Today's class was a long tempo, uphill ride.  It was supposed to  build strength and endurance.  As I was riding, I was looking at the mountain outside the window and imagining that I was making my way up that hill.  In reality, I was probably only on a gentle incline.  But, I will take it.  I stayed on the bike.  I had a small problem when we were out of the saddle.  The seat kept attacking my backside.  A post-class seat adjustment consultation with the instructor should ensure that I don't have that problem again.

So that takes care of "the old."  I'm definitely getting back to spin.  I have reservations for my next three classes and think I have figured out the system, so no more wait list for me.

What's Next?  
Well, as you can tell.  I am still not running.  I'm just not there.  I miss it.  I am a bit envious when I see all of the runners here, but I know it's not time. Yet.

No running = No upcoming races.  Still, I need some extra motivation.  I think I found it.



This is InDependent.  











"A health and wellness project, InDependent’s mission is to create a thriving community of military spouses that support preventative wellness by inspiring each other to make health and fitness a priority." 

So I have signed up to be a Community Ambassador.  Yep, I will be leading and encouraging other area military spouses to make health and fitness a priority.  And in the process, ensure that it is a priority in my life, as well.  

That's the plan, anyway.

***I also promised my dental hygienist that I would floss everyday until I see her again in six months.***

No comments:

Post a Comment