Sunday, July 29, 2012

"Long" Run --4.7 miles



Noah climbed into bed with us about 2:30 this morning.  It took me a while to get back to sleep, so I woke up later than usual today.  It had rained hard last night and I was very glad to see that it wasn't pouring out this morning.  After my two cups of coffee, I headed out on my second long run.  My plan was for 4.5 slow miles.


I am planning my longer runs so that I add the mileage onto the beginning of my route so that the end of the run is a familiar route and headed (somewhat) downhill for the last couple of intervals.


Today's run ended up being 4.7 miles.  It took me an hour to run it.  12.47min/mile. 


 I felt pretty good during the whole run. Minor aches and pains that were easy to run through.  I didn't do my usual cool down walk with my dog, Carley, because I was supposed to meet Brian over in Newport to cheer him on in his Triathlon.  After waking up the kids and taking a quick, much needed shower, we were off.  Brian had already finished  (1:14:26) by the time we got there.  


What are you doing for exercise today?

No comments:

Post a Comment