Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

An early birthday present to myself.
Happy Birthday to me!  Hello Running at Forty-One!

My plan was to get up and start off this year with a short run, but that didn't quite work out.  

My eldest daughter started off my day with a full breakfast at 6:20 this morning. It was very sweet and very good, but very early.

Then she took my much needed beeping watch with her to school for cross country today (I have to pick her up early).

Lastly, to use my husband's phrase, my plan was OBE (overcome by events).  I had a lot of volunteer/computer stuff that needed to be taken care of this morning and I pretty much have been stuck on my laptop since I dropped the kids off for school.

Yes, I could go run later in the day and yes, I could run without my interval watch. 

But why? 

I have an invitation to go eat sushi with my friend and I will take that over a run any day. Even today, maybe especially today! 

Today's Run:  OBE

1 comment:

  1. OBE-I'm going to have to start using that one! Glad to hear you had a good birthday!!

    ReplyDelete