Monday, October 1, 2012

Not Quite A Long Run

It's fine. I ran today...just not as far as I had planned to run. Yesterday's long run (11 miles) was postponed due to rainy weather and my running partner being sidelined with a foot injury.  

Still, I thought I should get out there today.  After I dropped the kids off at school, I headed out intending to do yesterday's long run.  

Unfortunately, I spent too much time in my head.  I had all kinds of excuses:
  • I was wearing a long sleeve shirt and I was hot. (It was 53 degrees.)
  • There was a high pressure system moving in (this afternoon) and I didn't want to maybe, possibly get a migraine.
  • It was boring running that long by myself.
  • This was really supposed to be my short Monday run.

And then it was very easy to turn left instead of right.  I bypassed Mackerel Cove.  I skipped the loop around Ft. Getty.  I just turned left and headed up the hill to the end part of my run.  At least I didn't head straight home.   

But it's fine.  I ran today.

Today's Run:  6.5 miles.  1:17:54   11.54min/mile pace

What are you doing for exercise today?  How do you talk yourself out of shortening your runs?

No comments:

Post a Comment