Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I don't want to go!

Day 8:  Today proved the benefits of having a gym buddy.  I really didn't want to go this morning.  I slept very poorly last night (if at all). So when the alarm went off at 5:00 this morning, more than anything, I wanted to roll over and stay in bed.  But I knew Moira would be waiting for me to pick her up.  So I got up and went through the motions of getting ready.  Luckily, I had laid out my gym clothes and shoes last night.  I was out the door, ready to pick her up.  There was a slight delay since I unexpectedly had to scrape the ice off the windshield.  
We were on our way!


But someone had my bike. I've gone more than once, so I feel a certain proprietary right to the bike.  Since I am not completely crazy, I just took the next available bike, but I may have whined about it.  Once or twice.

Then I got on the bike.  And I considered my job done. I obviously took a different route than the other bikers.  They took a very hilly route.  I rode on a flatter course.  

But I went. 

How do you get out the door on days you really don't want to?



2 comments:

  1. I get motivated by the brownies I will eat later...or the beer I will drink...

    ReplyDelete