Saturday, January 11, 2014

Spin Again

Day 5:  8:00 AM Spin class!

Another successful trip to the gym.  And by successful, I mean that I went. Keep the bar low.  I want to make sure I have room to improve. (Tongue firmly in cheek).

Today's spin class was at a much better time.  And the numbers proved it.  Every bike was filled. I am glad we got there early enough to snag one.  Imagine my disappointment if I hadn't been able to get on the torture machine.

But seriously, I did better today.  The first spin class is always a testing ground.  I just want to stay on the bike for the entire class.  And not die.  After Wednesday's foray back to biking, I was ready to take it up a notch today.  My tension on the wheel was higher and my rpm's were higher.  I actually got into the sprint range that the instructor asked us to aim for.

My gym buddy and I were separated by another biker, so the snark factor was much lower today.  Too bad.  I enjoy the snark.

Today's workout was another one to add to the log book for the "Making Your Way Across America" challenge.  The aim is to work out 4 times a week for at least 45 minutes each time for a total of 40 workouts over the course of the program.  Additionally, there are some pit stop challenges along the way that I will talk about as I complete them. 

Today was workout number five.  I was glad to find that even though it was my fifth workout this week, it still counted toward the challenge.  Four times a week is the goal, but 40 is the magic number.

Do you exercise on the weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment