Sunday, January 5, 2014

What Works, What Doesn't

It's tempting and all too common to start off each new year with a list of resolutions.  I will do this, I won't do that.  I would venture to guess that we have all done it.  And I am just as guilty.  And not completely immune to it this year either.

Remember the resolution to keep a daily journal?  I have drawers full of journals that all start out the same way.  Lists of things to accomplish in the coming year.  And I know a lot of those lists have the same items on them. Do this. Don't do that.

No journal this year. No lists. 

I am, however, taking a look back.  What worked when I felt great.  What was I doing when I felt like crap.  Do this, don't do that. Keep it simple.

The good thing about looking back like this, is it's a simple path going forward.  I've done it before and I can do it again.

Do you make New Year's resolutions?  What works for you?







No comments:

Post a Comment