Monday, January 13, 2014

This Again?

Day 6:  In the New World Order, Monday's are Boot Camp day.

This is not my favorite class.  It is 45 second intervals, broken up by 5 minutes of area specific weights.  Today was shoulders and lunges.  The intervals were pretty similar to last week, with the addition of running the stairs.  Up and down 3 times.  This was way harder than it should have been.
The gym stairs may or may not have been this long.


We also did burpees, mountain climbers, traveling push-ups on Bosu balls.  Basically, all the exercises that hurt my wrists.  I have googled ways to lessen the pain when my wrists are in push-up, plank, downward dog, and similar positions.  The most hopeful looks like massage and stretching.  I am working on  it, but this problem has been going on for so long, I will be happy with even small improvements.  For some of the exercises I was also able to use dumbbells so I wasn't putting pressure on my wrists.

Then, the abs.  Oh, the planks.  This was not my best moment.  The instructor may have called me a quitter.  (It is possible she was just being motivating.)  This part is going to get easier, right?

Tomorrow it is back to Pump and Pilates.  The instructor, Mark, said he has saved me a spot up front. Gulp.

Do push-ups hurt your wrists?  How have you dealt with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment