Friday, February 28, 2014

A Hot Mess at the Gym

Workout: Day 27                                                                             Whole 30: Day 5

Today was a weird day, workout-wise.  We planned to go to the 11:30 Pump Express class.  Knowing I had some time, I joined some other ladies here for breakfast and coffee at The Island Scoop.  I had Scrambled eggs with lots of veggies and bacon.  And before the Whole 30 crowd jumps on me for eating out, they made them Whole 30 compliant. :)  

So I was well nourished.  When I got home from breakfast, I was feeling shaky for some reason.  If I felt like this in the past I would drink a glass of OJ to see if that helped.  Today I had some Sunflower Butter and an apple.  And left for the gym.

Apparently, my day was more off than I thought.  I thought we were early for the 11:45 class.  But obviously we were late for the 11:30 class.  Oops.

Luckily(?), the instructor was having an issue with her music and we had some time to get all of the equipment together.  Then I realized I forgot my headband.  Class with a big hank of hair hanging in your face isn't fun.  I was just having a hard time in class.  I felt a bit light headed.  I sat out the last set of exercises (shoulders--you don't use those muscles much, right?).

I came home and ate some leftover Corned Beef and Cabbage that Brian kindly reheated for me.  Then I headed upstairs to take a nap.  I couldn't fall asleep, but I enjoyed being in my warm, electric blanket cocoon.  Did I mention it was freezing cold today?

So to summarize:  Felt like crap.  Did it anyway.  Took a break.  Feel better now.

Now to figure out what we are having for dinner. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment