Tuesday, February 4, 2014

High Five!

Day 16:  I am headed into Week Five.  High Five for me!

The snow started falling yesterday as we left the morning spin class and continued to fall all day.  Activities were cancelled yesterday afternoon, but the plows were out all night and the roads were clear this morning.

Phew.  I would have hated to cancel my Tuesday Pump & Pilates class. 

I was running a few minutes behind this morning (don't know why) so when I arrived the class was packed.  I ended up in the front of the class.  Yuck.  Next week we are leaving 15 minutes earlier.

I started the class by smashing my finger between a stack of weights.  It is hard to type right now, but I will push through the pain.

Class went really well.  I always think I could add a little bit more weight until I am in the middle of the set.  My arms were shaking while we were doing triceps and I had a puny 5 pounds on the bar.   Lunges were killer.  We also did jump squats and I just proved that I have no jumps. I was doing okay until I looked in the mirror and could barely see any air between my shoes and the floor mid-jump.  
I don't have these.

Then came my least favorite part of the class:  Abdominals.


I REALLY don't have these.






Luckily, Mark the Instructor, is such a sweetheart that next week he plans on replacing some of the other exercises (like biceps) with MORE ab work.  

I need it.  I know I need it. 

But I don't have to like it.





3 comments:

  1. From the eye doctor yesterday (which seems completely appropriate today) - If you don't like it, you need more of it. (Yep, that means arms and abs for me!) Short run here today with the kidlets and Kettlebells on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love seeing all of your runs. :) Running-that's something I also need more of.

      Delete