Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Planks and Pasta

Workout: Day 24                                                                       Whole 30: Day 2

Tuesdays are my favorite gym day.  I get to sleep  in and not leave for the gym until 9:00.  Then I get to go to my favorite class, Pump & Pilates, with a good instructor.  Because the gym didn't have group fitness classes last week due to installing TRX wall anchors, it had been two weeks since I had taken this class.  I was a bit sore and Mark (the fun instructor) had a bit of a mean streak.  And then there are the abs.  Sitz bones, roll ups , and planks.  Oh my.  I seriously need to get a handle on the abs. My planks were non-existent.

As for the Whole 30 part of the day, that was fairly successful too. 

Breakfast was my typical, pre-workout fare, with a twist:  sunflower butter instead of peanut butter (and an apple).  

Post workout was a banana and a handful of almonds.

After the gym and a trip to the commissary, my lunch was rotisserie chicken and brussels sprouts.  It was actually very good and satisfying.

Around 3pm, I had a cup of herbal mint tea.  It was the perfect break on a chilly winter afternoon.

Dinner had the possibility of being extremely problematic.  I was joining my classmates for a farewell dinner. At a restaurant called Pasta Beach.  Good luck to me. 

It wasn't as problematic as I had envisioned.  
I did not take pictures of my plate.
This is very close to what it looked like.
As an appetizer, I had Prosciutto di Parma with Melon.  Two ingredients. Delicious!

For my entree, I had an arugula, shrimp, and cherry tomato salad with lemon juice and olive oil for the dressing. Five ingredients. Also delicious.

Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment