Friday, February 7, 2014

Done.

Day 17: 

Went into the gym today to complete one of the Pitstop Challenges for the Make Your Way Across America program at the gym.  Today's challenge was to complete one of the Google Map runs on the treadmill. 

This sounded like a good way to ease back into running.  My training for the Army 10 Miler was to begin on Sunday.

My gym buddy and I stepped onto the treadmills and picked the "Road to Hana" video workout and set off on a 35 minute run/walk workout.  
2.4 Miles
As you can see, it was a slow 2.4 miles.  And then the treadmill emailed the workout to my phone.  Pretty cool.

Gym buddy and I decided to celebrate our run with a trip to a super yummy burger joint. After I placed my order, I started to get a migraine aura.  We got the burgers to go ( I donated mine to her husband) and she drove me home and dropped me off.  I headed up to crawl into bed.  This was a bad one.  Six hours later, I was able to crawl back out of bed.

So now what?  I think I am done running.  I just can't keep getting migraines after I run.  I have had a lot of success with other forms of exercise and not getting migraines.  I will stick with that for now.  It's not worth the pain.



3 comments:

  1. That makes me super sad, but happy for you that you have pinpointed the source of the migraines. There are other ways to exercise and I hope that you will keep us up to date about how you are doing! So, when is the new Blog Name reveal??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad that migraines always seem to partner with your runs. I'm glad that you have found other forms of exercise that work for you.

    ReplyDelete