Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Got My New Shoes On

Day 19:  I did not sleep last night.  I was looking for any excuse not to go to spin. Seriously. Any. Excuse.  But I figured since my gym buddy would be waiting for me to pick her up, I needed to be there.  So I got into my freezing cold car and went to pick her up. At her dark house.  

I waited. And waited.  No light, no movement.
My cool new shoes.

Now the question:  do I turn around and crawl back into bed or head over to the gym by myself.

I made the right choice.  I went to the gym.  I wanted to try out my new spin shoes.  

I got them in the mail on Tuesday.  I had Brian help me put the clips on the bottom (according to the directions I received) and then I went to the gym to see how they were adjusted and try to figure out how to clip in and out of the pedals without looking ridiculous.  I am very glad I did this.

Wednesday morning, I clipped into my pedals just fine.  Unfortunately, as the class progressed, I could tell that the clips were adjusted quite right.  I ended up pulling my right foot out of the clip and using the regular pedal.  I didn't want to cause any type of injury if I could avoid it.  

I was glad I went to class, but knew I would need to readjust my shoes before I went back on Friday.  This necessitated a trip up to Warwick.  They centered my clips a bit more and checked the alignment.  I should be good to go.

I am heading back to spin on Friday.  

1 comment: