Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Dreaded Migraine

Yep.  It happened.  Exercise-Induced Migraine.

20 minutes after my last post I was eating breakfast and realized I had a blind spot in my eye.  The aura had started.  I hopped up, took my drugs, took a quick shower, and crawled in bed.

The aura stopped and the headache started.

5 hours later the ice pick has been removed from the side of my brain.  I still feel a bit hung over.

Today's Trigger's
  • Dehydration:  I am guessing that I am a bit dehydrated from the Thursday/Friday fast/cleanse/drugs/colonoscopy.
  • High Pressure:  Looking at a history of the barometric pressure readings, it was climbing right up there while I was running.
  • Lack of sleep:  I have been waking up at 2 am for the last few days and having a hard time going back to sleep.
What to do:
  • I don't expect the dehydration to be a problem again.  I didn't realize that would still be a side effect. 
  • Not much you can do about the weather.
  • Just have to keep working on my sleep diet.
I will probably skip tomorrow's short run.  I usually feel hungover for a day or so.  

I will be back out there on Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty awful! I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. What I really hate (besides the headache itself)is the uncertainty and that they seem to strike after really good workouts.

      Delete
    2. A good workout=a migraine? Boo!! I think that would prevent me from wanting to exercise. Good for you for not letting that stop you!

      Delete