Friday, August 17, 2012

Oops! I Did It Again

Good run.  Walked into work this morning and immediately called Brian to come pick me up.  I had a huge blind spot and my migraine aura was beginning.  A frantic search of my purse did not turn up my Imitrex which I am supposed to take at the first sign of a migraine.  I took a Naprosen (Aleve). After sitting and waiting for a bit I thought I might have one stashed in my glove box.  I headed out to my car just as Brian was pulling in.  A quick stop to get the Imitrex out of the minivan and I hopped into Brian's Jeep for the drive back across the bridge.  When we pulled up to the house, Noah was waiting outside.  Brian had called to let the kids know we were coming home.  They had got my bed ready.  Noah let me know that he had put the sick bowl and a cool, wet washcloth on the nightstand for me. My medicine was there too, waiting the second dose.   I took an Ambien.  I changed into a comfy t-shirt and crawled into bed.

I HATE MIGRAINES!  I have never had migraines back to back like this.  I expect I need to go back to a neurologist and see if anything can be done.  I don't want to stop running just when I am beginning to enjoy it.   

Looking on the NOAA site, it looks like the barometric pressure was climbing pretty steadily at the headache onset.  How am I supposed to account for this in my daily runs.  Last time we lived in Rhode Island, I got a lot of migraines due to the weather.  The fronts are more drastic here?  I don't know, but it isn't good for me.

Anyway, this one seems to be over.  I just feel wrung out.  I doubt I will be running six on Sunday :(

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that your family was there to help you out! I hope you find something that works for you.

    ReplyDelete