Sunday, August 12, 2012

Rain, Rain Go Away

I woke up this morning to rain.  Wet. Wet. Wet.  I still planned to go for my run, I just sat drinking my coffee hoping that it would stop or at least slow down.

Last night Brian asked me if I wanted him to run with me this morning.  I said he could if he ran slow and didn't talk the whole way.  He wasn't sure he could run without talking.  He backed out this morning because of some shin pain.  I left him to sit on the couch and watch the Olympic Marathon with his coffee and headed out.

There was a light drizzle when I started my run.  The temperatures were not high, but it was very sticky.  I had a very good run this morning.  I ran the first half of the run without music.  As I hit the hills for the last half, I was having some pain in my right Achilles.  This was somewhat worrisome since that was a big injury for me last year, but it was more of a soreness than sharp pain so I kept going.   I turned on my iPod and finished pretty strong.  At that point, the music was just what I needed.

After picking up Brian and Carley for a cool down walk, I am sitting and icing my Achilles and my shins.  Better safe than sorry.

Today's run:  5.5 miles.  1:05:31    11:54 min/mile!

What are you doing for exercise today?

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome!! Hope the Achilles feels better so running gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica. I kept telling myself, "It's only two more laps". Have you hooked up with the Galloway group down there yet?

    ReplyDelete